Indian Navy invites online applications for Artificer Apprentice and Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR) twice a year. For both posts common notification is issued, a single form is submitted and a common exam is conducted. The notifications come in the month of June and December. The exam for June notification is held in August month and for December notification is held in March month.
Artificer Apprentice and Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR) are non-commissioned posts of the Indian Navy. Earlier both the exams were conducted separately but in the last two years, both the exams have been merged. A candidate fills out the combined form. If he has above 60% marks, he can appear in both (AA & SSR) written exams and if he has a percentage less than 60%, he gets the call up of only SSR. There is a provision for a combined exam. The candidates who score high in merit are made to join Artificer Apprentice and lower merit candidates join Senior Secondary Recruit. To get more details about the Navy AA and SSR exam you can join any Coaching for Navy AA and SSR in Sikar. They can guide you well and will resolve your doubts.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Before filling out the form, you must check the eligibility criteria for the Navy AA and SSR exam. There are many coaching of Navy AA and SSR Coaching in Sikar, who misguides the students by not giving the complete details about the physical and medical criteria. So, you must get the complete information regarding that.
Date of Birth:
Artificer Apprentice: A candidate must not below 16.5 and must not be above 20 Years.
Senior Secondary Recruit: A candidate must not below 16.5 and must not be above 21 Years.
Artificer Apprentice: Qualified in 10+2 examination with 60% or more marks in aggregate with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects: -Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science.
Senior Secondary Recruit: Qualified in 10+2 examination with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects: -Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science.
The selection criteria are divided into the following stages:
|STAGE-I||Written Exam (Online)
|STAGE-II||Physical Fitness Test (Qualifying)|
|General Science||25||25||1 Hr.|
|General Knowledge||25||25||1 Hr.|
Tips for the written exam:
1. The very basic thing one should follow about preparing for any exam is the scan the syllabus completely. You can download the syllabus from the link given below or from the course section of the Rajasthan Defence Academy website. The syllabus gives you the complete about the exam pattern and the areas from which questions will be asked.
2. There is a difference in pattern while the exam is conducted in comparison to the Air Force X and Y Group exams. In the Air Force exam, each paper is submitted separately so the time given there is very stringent. But in the Navy exam, there is a provision for a combined time. So, keep this in mind. If you join Coaching for Navy AA and SSR in Sikar then they can guide you regarding this.
3. Apart from clearing the overall cut-off merit list, you will have to clear the individual cut-off of each paper separately. This becomes a more challenging area for the aspirants. So, the focus of each paper is required. We at Rajasthan Defence Academy ensure that the student is given proper exposure to all the aspects of the exam. Many Navy AA and SSR Coaching in Rajasthan make tall promises before admission but they fail to deliver when comes to fulfilling the promise.
3. Focus on the area of General Science, here the questions of Physics are challenging. Many students just failed to clear the cut-off in the General Science portion. Here some questions about Chemistry and Biology also come. So, if you focus on that area, you can at least clear the paper.
4. In the Navy reserves the right to determine the pass marks in each Section and in aggregate. In the AA and SSR exam, there is a provision for state-wise cut-off. The cut-off for Haryana, Rajasthan, and Uttar Pradesh goes higher than the cut-off of other states. So, you need to take care of it.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
The PFT will be of qualifying nature but it is mandatory for selection.
· 1.6 Km in 7 minutes
· 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and
· 10 Push-ups
Tips for the Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
Make the schedule of running every day. Don’t just for the result of the writing exam. We have found many students who just keep preparing for the written exam, fail to develop stamina, and finally can not clear the physical fitness test.
If you are thinking of joining any Navy AA and SSR Coaching in Rajasthan, we suggest you join Rajasthan Defence Academy and give an edge to your preparation.